You must read and consent to the following terms and conditions before registering to become a member of this site:
You must be at least 18 years old to register with and use the services of this website. Access or use of this site or its contents by any person under the age of 18 is strictly prohibited.
By registering you become a member of the service and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement for as long as you continue to be a member. If you do not agree to the terms, please do not register and become a member of the The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee website.
The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee website reserves the right at any time to:
- Change the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Change the site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content or feature of the site.
- Change any fees or charges for using the site.
By requesting to use, registering to use, and/or using our Membership Service, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and/or are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check, at any time and using available public records, to confirm your compliance with this subsection. BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE ANY SUCH CHECK.
Important Site Safety Disclosure Info:
The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee for all intents and purposes is NOT, in technical or occupational terms, a “match-making” or “dating” service that takes an active role in the process of recommending or matching you with other members. The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee also does not screen members for authenticity or do background checks of any kind. The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee is an online member based community that provides basic social media tools which allows members to connect and interact with each other by the means of creating, sharing or exchanging information, ideas, and photos. All contact between you and other members is solely dependent on you and we do not guarantee the integrity or plausibility of any members or connections between members. You are advised to use caution and discretion when interacting with other members.
It’s recommended that you follow these basic common sense safety tips:
Never include your last name, email address, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other personal identifying information in your profile or in early introductory messages. Stop communicating with anyone who attempts to pressure you into revealing personal or financial information. If you decide to physically meet another member, always tell a friend or family where you’re going, who you’re meeting, and when you will return. Never agree to be picked up at your home, always provide your own transportation, and meet in a public place. Never leave your drinks or personal belongings unattended, even for a quick trip to the bathroom.
You acknowledge and agree that the The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee or any of it’s owners or affiliates will not be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any harm or hardships resulting from any decisions you should make in providing personal information to other members or in your decision to physically meet another member.
To become a member you must register and agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form, and to maintain and update your information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that we rely on your registration data to be accurate, current and complete and you acknowledge that if your registration data is inaccurate, not current or incomplete in any respect, we reserve the right to restrict or terminate your use of the site’s services, in whole or in part.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username, password and member id. We may refuse to grant any username or member id that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as we determine at our sole discretion. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and for any and all activities that are conducted on your account. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by updating your account information, available at the ‘control panel’ page after logging on and immediately notify us.
Your membership in the service is for your sole, personal use only. You may not authorize others to use your membership, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
Terminations and Refunds:
You may terminate your account and/or membership at any time by sending us a notice by email or through our contact form. We do not prorate any unused portion of a subscription.
Should you breach any of the terms set forth in this agreement we reserve the right without prior notice, to restrict, suspend or terminate access to your account, either temporally or permanently by removing your account, and no refunds, in whole or in part, will be granted or issued.
We reserve the right to deem ANY account that has not been accessed in more than one year as being “abandoned” and at our discretion may be permanently deleted from our system without prior notice.
Membership Rules and Online Conduct:
Here-in-after, the terms “Post”, “Publish”, and “Transmit” shall include, but is not limited to site venues such as member profiles, photo galleries, blogs, forums, in-house messages or chat sessions.
As a member, you agree that:
- You are solely responsible for the content or information you post, publish or display on the site, or transmit to other members.
- You will not post on the site, or transmit to other members or employees any images or textual copy that is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, religiously offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). Please notify us of any material contained in the site that you believe infringes these rules.
- You will be reasonably polite and courteous to others at all times, even when disagreeing, and even to those whose beliefs you think are false or objectionable. When debating, you agree to express your opinions about a person’s ideas, but not about them personally. You will not make any derogatory, rude or negative personal remarks about another’s appearance, age, lifestyle choices, disability, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, intelligence, education or any other personal characteristics.
- You will not include in your profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, urls, email addresses, offensive anatomical or sexual references, or offensive sexually suggestive or connotative language, or any confidential information of any third person, and you will not post any photographs or other images containing nudity or such personal information. The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to reject or edit any profile or photograph or image that does not comply with these prohibitions.
- You will not impersonate any other person or entity.
- You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass any other member or person.
- You will not engage in directly soliciting other members to buy or sell any products or services through our site’s contact services.
- You will also not use the blogs for the purpose of marketing or advertising goods or services for sale.
- You will not transmit any chain letters, spam or junk email to other members.
- You will not express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our specific prior written consent.
- You will not harvest or collect personal information about other members whether or not for commercial purposes, without their consent.
- You will not post, distribute or reproduce in any way, any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the service.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between it’s members.
Opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information or content made available through the service are those of their respective member-authors and not of the The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee, and should not necessarily be relied upon. The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information on the service and neither adopts nor endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made. Under no circumstances will the The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the service or transmitted to members.
The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee may contain links to other internet web sites or resources. We neither control nor endorse the content or services provided by other web sites. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible for the legality or accuracy of any content, advertising, products, services or information provided, nor for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on any other web sites.
It’s possible that other members or users (including unauthorized users, or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the service and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It may also be possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the service, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or cause you harm. The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee is not responsible for the use of any personal information that you may choose to disclose on the service. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the site or release to others.
You understand and agree that by posting a profile on the web or on our site, all info you include or make available in your profile is considered public information. Our intention is to make it available only to members and visitors of our site and do not deliberately use your profile info for promotional purposes, or use RSS or SEO techniques to feed your profile info onto to third party sites.
Indemnity by Member:
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee, it’s officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from:
- Any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit to the site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or
- Your activities in connection with the site.
- Any damages that may occur to your computer or system resulting from (voluntarily or in-voluntarily) downloading any data or software that may be posted on this site which may contain viruses, spyware or adware of any kind. If you suspect that a URL link or data posted on this site may contain such harmful data please contact us.
- Your breach of this agreement.
15. Arbitration Agreement & Class Action Waiver
- Purpose: This Arbitration Agreement facilitates the prompt and efficient resolution of any disputes that may arise between you and The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee. Arbitration is a form of private dispute resolution in which parties to a contract agree to submit their disputes and potential disputes to a neutral third person (called an arbitrator) for a binding decision, instead of having such dispute(s) decided in a lawsuit, in court, by a judge or jury trial.
Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It provides that all disputes between you and The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration replaces the right to go to court. In the absence of this Arbitration Agreement, you may otherwise have a right or opportunity to bring claims in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate in or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including, but not limited to, class actions). Entering into this Arbitration Agreement constitutes a waiver of your right to litigate claims in court and all opportunity to be heard by a judge or jury. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. The arbitrator must follow this Arbitration Agreement and can award the same damages and relief as a court (including attorney’s fees, if otherwise authorized by applicable law)
For the purpose of this Arbitration Agreement, includes The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee regarding any aspect of your relationship with The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, negligence, gross negligence or reckless behavior), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this Arbitration Agreement (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced.
WE EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, AS DEFINED ABOVE, WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
- Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution: For all Disputes you must first give The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee an opportunity to resolve the Dispute. You must commence this process by mailing written notification to 8070 Regency Drive, Nashville, TN 37221. That written notification must include (1) your name, (2) your address, (3) a written description of the Dispute, and (4) a description of the specific relief you seek. If The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee does not resolve the Dispute to your satisfaction within 45 days after it receives your written notification, you may pursue your Dispute in arbitration.
- Arbitration Procedures: If this Arbitration Agreement applies and the Dispute is not resolved as provided above (“Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution”) either you or The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee may initiate arbitration proceedings. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS, www.jamsadr.com, will arbitrate all Disputes, and the arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be commenced as an individual arbitration, and shall in no event be commenced as a representative or class arbitration. All issues shall be for the arbitrator to decide, including the scope of this Arbitration Agreement.
For arbitration before the AAA, for Disputes of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply; for Disputes involving $75,000 or more, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules will apply. In either instance, the AAA’s Optional Rules For Emergency Measures Of Protection shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. For arbitration before JAMS, the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols For Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. This Arbitration Agreement governs in the event it conflicts with the applicable arbitration rules. Under no circumstances will class action procedures or rules apply to the arbitration.
Because your contract with The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee, the Terms of Service, and this this Arbitration Agreement concern interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, the arbitrator will apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and the applicable statute of limitations or condition precedent to suit.
- Arbitration Award:The arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available pursuant to applicable law, and will not have the power to award relief to, against or for the benefit of any person who is not a party to the proceeding. The arbitrator shall make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award by the arbitrator will be final and binding on the parties, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
- Location of Arbitration: You may initiate arbitration in either Nashville, TN or in the federal judicial district that includes your address that you provide in your written notification of Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. In the event that The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee initiates an arbitration, it may only do so in the federal judicial district that includes your address that you provide in your written notification of Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution.
- Payment of Arbitration Fees and Costs: The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee will pay all arbitration filing fees and arbitrator’s costs and expenses upon your written request given prior to the commencement of the arbitration. You are responsible for all additional fees and costs that you incur in the arbitration, including, but not limited to, attorneys or expert witnesses. Fees and costs may be awarded as provided pursuant to applicable law. In addition to any rights to recover fees and costs under applicable law, if you provide notice and negotiate in good faith with The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee as provided in the section above titled “Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution” and the arbitrator concludes that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to recover from The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee your actual and reasonable attorney’s fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator.
- Class Action Waiver: The parties agree that the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, representative action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless both you and The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee specifically agree in writing to do so following initiation of the arbitration. Neither you, nor any other Member of The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee and/or user of The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee services, can be a class representative, class member, or otherwise participate in a class, representative, consolidated or private attorney general proceeding.
- Limitation of Procedural Rights: You understand and agree that, by entering into this Arbitration Agreement, you and The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee are each agreeing to arbitration instead of the right to a trial before a judge or jury in a public court. In the absence of this Arbitration Agreement, you and The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee might otherwise have had a right or opportunity to bring Disputes in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including class actions). You give up those rights. Other rights that you would have if you went to court, such as the right to appeal and to certain types of discovery, may be more limited in arbitration. The right to appellate review of an arbitrator’s decision is much more limited than in court, and in general an arbitrator’s decision may not be appealed for errors of fact or law.
- Severability: If any clause within this Arbitration Agreement (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Agreement, and the remainder of this Arbitration Agreement will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then this entire Arbitration Agreement will be unenforceable, and the Dispute will be decided by a court.
- Continuation: This Arbitration Agreement shall survive the termination of your contract with The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee and your use of The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee services.
Disclaimer of Warranty:
The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee provides the service to you on an “as is” basis and grants no warranties or guarantees of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory. The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee does not warrant or guarantee that your use of the service or the site will be secure, uninterrupted, always available or error-free, or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in the service or the site will not occur. The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee is not responsible for your inability to connect to or use our site or services due to poor Internet connection services or your use of a computer that is inadequate or not containing up-to-date software, hardware or other paraphernalia.
In addition, The The Inner Circles / The Humanist Association of Middle Tennessee disclaims all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other members or users (including unauthorized users, or “hackers”) of the service.